Thursday, March 22, 2012

March Sketch For You To Try - with Peachy Keen Stamps!


Good morning! This is another card I made for a recent Paper Crafts Magazine submission call in the paper-piecing category. I didn't really expect it to get picked...I think my colors were a bit too "springy" when they were looking for fall tones - but I decided to try anyway. Anyway - since it didn't get picked up, I can share it here! I also used this month's SFYTT over at i(heart)2stamp:
And here is the sketch:


This is definitely one of my favorite Peachy Keen sets! LOVE it! I cut out and embossed an oval with my Spellbinders Nestabilities, then inked the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink in Antique Linen. Used Copic markers for the skin tones and hair, then paper-pieced the rest. 
I stamped the image so that it extended off the edge of the oval, and then when I paper pieced the balloon, I cut the entire balloon out, so it extends past the edge of the oval. I then used pop-dots to adhere the oval, and the balloon to the card base. You can see it a bit better here: 
 All the papers were from a My Mind's Eye 6x6 paper pad. I rounded the bottom right corner, then did some machine stitching around the edges. Added the sentiment, some stick on pearls, and some lace along one side.
Finished off by attaching all of that to the card base with foam adhesive. 
Oh - I also inked the edges of the card with Tim Holtz distress ink as well as each layer of cardstock. 
Thanks so much for visiting today! Have a beautiful day!


3 comments:

  1. This is just SO sweet and absolutely perfect. Your machine stitching could not be more beautiful and the colors make me HAPPY!!!! Amazing job! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet, I LOVE this PKS, thank you again ;) i might give this a try, TFS
    Have a blessed day
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! I just love how you did one rounded corner. Such an amazing touch! The stitching is so perfect. How in the world do you do that?!? Hee! Hee! So wonderful!

    ReplyDelete