Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Some news...an update...and a card that I LOVE!!!


Good afternoon! I did some playing with my blog today, and finally figured out how to add pages! Would love to hear what you think! I also added a page as a test, to allow any of you who are interested to purchase one of my cards. I do have an Etsy store, but wanted to check out some other options and see if I could save on the fees. In case you aren't aware, all of the donation given for any of my cards goes to building homes for widows and orphans in Burundi, Africa. Click on the "About Me" page above to read more. 

I am currently only $28 away from building my second home for a widow!!! This is so exciting for me! I also noticed that I am only 2 followers away from 500 - so when I reach both of those goals, I have a little giveaway saved for just this occasion! Be watching - I have been saving it for something special!

And, I have a card to share with you that I just LOVE!!! I really want to just keep it for myself, but I already showed it to my husband, so I can't give it to him! I will have to make a new special one just for him! Anyway, here is is:
I don't think I can say enough how much I LOVE the Pure Innocence Line from My Favorite Things! This is from one of the newest sets - and I adore it as well! I started off by cutting the center out of a heart shaped doily, then trimming some pattern paper from My Mind's Eye to tuck behind it.
I then stamped and paper pieced the cute little cowgirl, using Copics on the hair and skin. Did you notice the hair? I think I might finally be getting the hang of using Copics for hair - this is the closest I've gotten yet to making it look like I imagine it in my head! 
I tucked a couple flourishes behind her, cut with a MFT Dienamic, leaving a few pieces lose so they float outward a little. I then pop-dotted her from the background. 
The cute rose trim along the bottom is from a pack of Tim Holtz trim I got recently. 
 Finished off with the sentiment, and some Tim Holtz distress ink around the edges.
CUTE, huh? Oh...I know I said it before, but I really LOVE it!!! 
Well, if you made it all the way to the bottom - thanks for reading this all! And I would love to know what you think of my pages above. Is there anything you would add? Take away? Change? Any input at all?

Thanks in advance! Hope to see you again soon!



7 comments:

  1. Super cute card and congrats on being close to 500 followers.. I have tried to add pages but they wouldn't go where I wanted to put them.. :-( I will have to look again and see if I can do it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of your best....love those white flowers. They are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a great card and your paper piecing is excellent - that's something I haven't done other than in classes.
    I'd love it if you could share your wisdom on adding pages, it would be great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card! I love the white flowers at the bottom along with the look of denim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I love all of the little details you put in the outfit! Looks like lots of work, but the result is perfect! You have inspired me to get a little more brave with my blog. The pages thing scares me, but I will have to give it a try. Hee! Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is adorable!!!!!! I'm on my phone so I'll have to check your pages later so I can really see it.

    ReplyDelete