Tuesday, March 27, 2012


Hello! First of all - thanks for the anniversary wishes! We had a wonderful weekend together - went to a little bed and breakfast in the mountains, and just relaxed and enjoyed time together! I even went snow-shoeing for the first time! And while I did feel pretty awkward, it was lots of fun!

So - now that I am back and getting into the swing of things again, I took a few moments to pull out my crafty stuff and play while my girls do their homeschooling! Here is what I came up with (because I'm still in a celebratory mood I guess!):
I used a My Mind's Eye 6x6 paper pad - LOVE all the bright colors! The banner is from the Unity March KOTM - as well as both the sentiments.  
I paper-pieced the banner, then stamped the smaller sentiment, and trimmed it into two pieces to stick on the banner. I put some Glossy Accents on the sentiment and the star for a little shine. 
The bottom main sentiment also got a good coating of Glossy Accents.  
Used some crinkle ribbon around the top for a bow, then tied some twine and a button on.
I used kraft paper for the card base, and did some faux stitching around the pattern paper.  
And...I almost forgot - I also inked the edges of the sentiment pieces, and main cardstock piece with Tim Holtz distress ink in Vintage Photo. 
I'm so glad you stopped by today! Have a wonderful day!


  1. Heather...I totally am so in love with this card! I love the colors, the banner, the ribbon and the kraft base. <3 it all! :)

  2. YAY! It's so much fun Heather! I love the bright colors and the banner layout is Fantastic! Another perfect card!!! Love it!

  3. What a fun card, I am loving Kraft for card bases and seem to use them too a lot, tfs and glad you had a nice anniversary

  4. love this card! Love the layering of the flags and stickers!

  5. Glad you had a wonderful Anniversary trip! A little rest and relaxation can do wonders for your creative spirit! Beautiful card! So much detail!

  6. This is so festive and fun! Love those great colors and papers. I'm using MME SO much these days, too. :)

  7. That is so pretty!! I LOVE the happy colors!! Happy Anniversary!!
    TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/