Friday, March 9, 2012

Unity FWF - A Brandy and Emma window card


Good morning! It's another Friday - and therefore time for Unity Friends with Flair! You win prizes by joining in with your own card, and by posting comments on any of the linked blogs. One of the winners last week was a comment picked from my post! So make sure and head over HERE to check out all the details!

I have a window card to share that I made with some of the Brandy and Emma stamps from Unity. Here is my card - it was very difficult to photograph as it turns out! So I apologize for the pictures - it is WAY cuter in real life. 
This pictures show a little how I put a piece of acetate (actually part of the packaging from one of my Cricut cartridges that I am so thankful I saved!) over the opening. I wanted it to look like you were peaking in the window at them! 
I used my old Creative Memories shape cutter to cutout the circles. I started by cutting the circle out of the floral paper - then stamping and coloring my image before positioning it behind the opening. I cut another larger circle out of white paper, then cut out the center in the same size as the opening on the floral paper - essentially creating a "frame" of white around the circle. I stuck a square of the acetate behind the circle to create the window.  
Next, I added a white frame around it, then put the lace along the bottom, so I could tuck it behind that layer,. I then attached it with pop-dots to my card base, so the window was set out from the colored image.   
You can see here a little better how the pop-dots set it out from the card.  
Finally, I stamped the sentiment, framed it in more pattern paper, and attached it over the lace, adding a bit of Baker's Twine on the sides. Oh - and all of the paper is from Crate Paper's Paper Heart collection - LOVE it!
Thanks for stopping by to visit today! Have a great weekend!!!


14 comments:

  1. Awww, so cute!! Love the window!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so very cute. I like the window.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super adorable card, love the window!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! Love the window and your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ADORABLE. and that windows is the perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that awsome pattern paper. How pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SOOOO cute!! Thanks for making my stamp design look so amazing!!! LOVE the window idea, too! So creative! You did a wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is sooo sweet! :) Love the little window you created. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the window!! Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love your design and use of the stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So Precious! It's like the best bedtime story! I, too, love the window! Gosh, you are good!!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete