Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Unity Hearts Challenge


Good morning! A week or so ago, my sister asked me to make a shower for her to take to a bridal shower. The colors the bride is using for the wedding were navy and lavender. So, this is what I came up with (and it perfectly fits the challenge this month over at the Unity Stamp Co. blog - to use hearts, but in a color other than red or pink!): 
I started off with some Theresa Collins 6x6 paper, and some lavender Cardstock. I used one of my Spellbinders Nestabilities to cut out the lavendar cardstock, and inked the edges.  
The flourish was cut with a My Favorite Things Dienamic - love how pretty and intricate it is! 
The heart was stamped with a random Unity Stamp I won some time ago - not sure what set it is from. I then cut it out by hand.
Pulled out my Baker's twine and tied a bit around the heart, then layered it with pop dots over the flourish. I didn't completely glue the flourish down, cause I wanted it to have a little dimension. Some some of the outer curls pop up from the card.  
Finished off by stamping the sentiment (which I thought was PERFECT for a baby shower!) - added some stick on pearls, and layered everything together with more inking on the edges. 
Hope you all are having a wonderful week! I have sick kids, so we have been laying low and watching lots of movies! Which means I have had a reasonable amount of crafty time - and have been working on cards for the latest Papercrafts Magazine Submission call. So - I will probably have lots of those to show you in the near future - because I figure if I am lucky enough to have one of them selected, I will still have lots left over! Haven't made it yet - but I still gotta keep trying! And either way, I love the cards I end up with, so either way, I win!



2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! I can't wait to see your submissions for the DT call! Have you been over to Jinger Adams' new blog? She has a DT call out the month of March for DT members to use her new line of craft products! Sounds like fun! I thought about trying out, but worried about time. Anyway... Love the blue colors in this! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness! What a gorgeous card! I hope the little ones are better now!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete