Thursday, March 22, 2012

MFT Getting Sketchy #64


Howdy! Here's my entry for this weeks Getting Sketchy Challenge with My Favorite Things, and also using the Colors from the Playdate Cafe Color Challenge: 
And here is the sketch for this week: 
And here is the color combo:



The color names were Rasberry, Harbor, and Honey Mustard - for the rasberry went a little more to the burgundy tone, so that it fit the little boy theme. I used the little Pure Innocence Cowboy and did some paper piecing, after coloring the skin and shirt with Copics. 
All the papers are by Authentique - from assorted 6x6 paper pads - using the reverse side. I love that their papers have coordinating solids on the backside of them. 
I added some burlap, and a bow with some Papertrey ink twine, and a button from my stash. 
I also rounded off the top right corner, and put another touch of yellow paper behind and peaking out. Finished off with a couple of stick on yellow pearls.  
Glad to see you again today! Hope your Friday is going great!


4 comments:

  1. This is a great card! Such a cute image and that burlap is a great touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card! I love how you tied the twine on this! It's just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your paper pieced little cowboy is so cute! Love that bit of burlap and a star beneath him.

    Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is ever so cute and absolutely darling! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete