Thursday, March 29, 2012

Change is good...


Oh my...this stamp just makes me crack up! (Oops...no pun intended!) I won it a couple weeks ago, and just finally had time to ink it up! My big brother is going through an uncertain time concerning employment - the company where he has worked for 15 years is shutting down, so he is searching for a job. So I made this to let him know I was thinking of him, and praying for him - and hopefully to help him smile through a trying situation! And to remember that God has something better in mind!
I paper-pieced the image with some My Mind's Eye paper from a 6x6 paper pad. 
The oval is cut and embossed with one of my Nestabilities. I inked the edges of it and the sentiment square with Tim Holtz distress ink. 
Here is a closer look at the paper-piecing: 
Pop-dotted it from the oval, then pop-dotted the oval to the card, after wrapping some Baker's twine around in a few different colors.
The border piece was cut with a Fiskars Border punch. 
Hope this gave you a smile today too! Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. That is so cute and funny!! I LOVE the stamps and the cool paper you used!! I wish your brother the best :0) TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhhhh! THis is so darn funny! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Definitely gonna have to case this cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tee, hee!! That is too funny. What a great design for this hilarious card. I hope your brother finds work soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUPER funny card! LOVE those papers! Great design:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card brought a chuckle to me! What a fun card! I hope your brother gets employment real soon!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this! Such a fun image and sentiment. I hope your brother finds work soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Wow! Look at them DRAWS!!! How fun this is! Sure to brighten up his day! You know, I have seen a lot of people lately going through the same thing, but a little encouragement goes a long way. This card may just give him the winning smile that lands the next career opportunity for him!

    ReplyDelete