Friday, March 2, 2012

Unity Friends with Flair - What would I do without you?


Good morning! It's Friday, and time for Unity Friends with Flair!!! I know everyone is thinking of spring, so I figured I better share this card sooner rather than later. Although, with the kind of weather it sounds like lots of the country is having, this really isn't too far off base! This is another card that I made for Papercrafts Stamping publication call, and wasn't selected - but I hadn't gotten around to sharing it yet! (Although, I did just get my first acceptance email this week...and one of my cards will be appearing in the August issue of Cricut Magazine!!! I'm SOOOO excited!!!)
I used the newest Brandy and Emma stamp set, colored with Copics, then inked the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink in Antique Linen. I matted it on some October Afternoon Farmhouse papers, along with the sentiment, and added some machine stitching.  
Then I wrapped some Crinkle ribbon around it, tied a bow, and attached some PTI twine and a button.  
Next, I pulled out some October Afternoon pom-pom trim from the Holiday Style wrap pack, and carefully glued it all the way around the edges - doesn't it look like snowballs all around? 
Here is a closer pic of the bow: 
To finish, I pop-dotted that piece from the background, and stuck it all to my card base. This is a huge card - 6x6 - but I really love it!
I hope you will head on over to the Unity Blog to see how to join in on the fun today!!!

21 comments:

  1. This is such a cute card, I really like the trim and stitching around the edges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO cute! I love the pom-pom fringe edge and that glorious buttoned bow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I love how you embellished it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I like the stitching and the pom poms. Especially the one on the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the papers and that texture/detail with the stitching and ribbon! FAB coloring:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto the poms- I need to find some. Congrats on your Cricut submission!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very adorable I love the cute image.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pompom on the hat just makes this card. soooo cute. Great coloring too. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love this - the stitching and trim is awesome! Congrats on your upcoming publication!

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a sweet card, love the pom poms on it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet stamp set. I love the pom poms, what a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card love the pom-poms and Congratulations on your publication-- I am sure it's going to be amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute! Love the ribbon/button.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable card and congratz on getting published!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on being chosen for the August Cricut Magazine! I am not surprised, your cards are marvelous! Today is no exception! Wonderful creativity!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty and congrats on Cricut pub! The details on this card are so so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The only thing I can say is PERFECTION! Congrats on the publishing! How cool is that?!?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable card design. Congrats on your publication!

    ReplyDelete