Thursday, March 22, 2012

Friends with Flair and Moxie Fab Simple Elegance


YAY for Friday and Friends with Flair!!! I also combined my post this week with the Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger:
And here is the trigger photo:


I used Unity Stamp's Tea Time Pattern background stamp for the card base, stamped with Tim Holtz distress ink in Antique Linen. That inspiration came from the area rug in the trigger photo. Then rounded the bottom corners to catch the curve from the chairs.
Took a strip of My Mind's Eye pink paper from a 6x6 paper pad (like the table runner in the picture), stamped the sentiment on it, and wrapped some crinkle ribbon around it, and tied in a bow with a PTI button. Added a couple of leaf stick pins. The crinkle ribbon pulled out the white in the picture from the window frames, and the button and stick pins got the subtle pop of color from the tulips.
Attached all that with foam adhesive to the card base, then added some ribbon along each side - inspired by the curtains on the window. 
Finished off with a couple of stick on pearls on the bottom to pull all the colors together! Thanks for stopping by! Make sure to head over to the Unity blog to find out how to join in the fun with Friends with Flair!!!

16 comments:

  1. You have done a beautiful job with the Trigger and I adore the use of your Unity stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, this is one of my favorite Ippity sentiment stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather! I LOVE your card!! Such a gorgeous design and sweet colours. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really pretty! Those colors are so elegant and I love your stick pin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful girl LOve the clean lines makes it look effortless, but who are we kidding of course it took work! its gorgeous !!

    www.scrappinwithmybug.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty...love that sentiment...perfect! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous and I love the quote. Makes for an amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous and great take on the trigger photo! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just so elegant! Fantastic take on the trigger!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a stunning card and such a great take on the trigger photo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! Wonderful take on the Tuesday trigger photo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so elegant and beautiful! I really love that stamp! I don't think I have every seen this before, but I love the saying! Wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE your card!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete