Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The rain will stop - and we have a WINNER!!!


Good morning! Yesterday was one of those days that it just poured down rain! I won't complain, because I think I might like it a little better than the snow that has been trying to stick around when it should be spring! At least rain feels more "spring-like" I guess! Anyway - this seemed like an appropriate card to share:
It is another card I made using a piece of 6x6 pattern paper folded in half for a card base. Makes the card 3x6 - which is such a fun size I think! All the papers are My Minds Eye.  
The stamps are all from the Unity February KOTM. I stamped the raindrop background and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. The umbrella I stamped, cut out, tied a twine bow on, then pop-dotted it from the raindrop background. I stamped the sentiment on a hand trimmed banner, then attached it over the umbrella, curving it in the center and outer edges, and attaching it with pop-dots on either side of the umbrella. 
The lace edge is a border punch by Martha Stewart. 
And now - I almost forgot to draw a winner from my giveaway last Friday! So thanks to Random.org - here is the winning number:

Which means the winner is:


Congrats to you Amy E.!!! Send me an email at housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com with your information and I will get that in the mail to you! I know you will LOVE it! 

Thanks so much for all the sweet comments! And have a wonderful day!


7 comments:

  1. Great card and I love the rain drop background!!
    Cindylu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I too love the embossed rain drops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card! I never thought of embossing the raindrops!

    Thanks for picking me as your stamp set winner!! I can't wait to play with them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Amy! Heather this card is precious, love it. TFS
    Have a great day!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card! The colors are so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful card! We are in all of the rain right now too. We needed it so badly around here that everyone is pretty happy about it. You can almost watch the grass grow. Hee! Hee! Wonderful card and CONGRATS AMY!!!

    ReplyDelete