Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Rainbow and Made it Myself Challenge


Just popping in with a real quick card I made for the Paptertrey Ink Make it Monday #58 Challenge, and the Paper Crafts Magazine March Gallery Contest - Rainbows.
I used the technique from the Make it Monday challenge for gradient backgrounds (click HERE for the video), and my Copic markers to create the rainbow background. 
I then pulled out my PTI letter dies to cut the "smile" out of the center. Mounted it with foam adhesive on white paper, then matted it with black before adhering to the card base. LOTS of dimension! 
Finished off by stamping a sentiment from a PTI set, and stuck a few gems on with my Jolee's heat set tool. 
Pretty fun! I'm happy with how it came out - and I love this technique with the Copics. Will probably be doing it a bit more in the future! Thanks for visiting!


6 comments:

  1. Very neat card! It looks GREAT!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card and the way you used the negative !The rainbow came out perfect and such a nice touch with the different colors of rhinestones .

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love rainbow cards!!! this is one is super sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love how you used the negative space! It's so pretty an clean against all of those beautiful bright colors! Wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo pretty!!! I love the colors you used with the technique and I totally love how you used the negative space!!! What a fabulous idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. VERY fun card! You took the technique to a whole other level!

    ReplyDelete