Hello again! Back today with the next in line for the Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember Exclusive Collaborations - today's is the ever popular Gina K Designs, which I feel like just means it's guaranteed to sell out. And I had so much fun going off my usual style for this card! I feel like it's giving me 80's or 90's bold color scheme. Is it just me?!?
I started off by stamping and heat embossing the beautiful large floral image from the Best Moments set. There are coordinating stencils available (AND Poly-Glaze panels if you fancy some foiling!), but since I didn't have those, I initially planned to add some color in another way. But as this card came together, I ended up leaving them simple, and I love the effect! I had the panel of black cardstock with a window cut in it from Modern Teardrops die leftover from another project, and on a whim, I pulled it out to see if I could use it. I don't think I've ever made a card with that much black cardstock on it, but I just seemed to work! I added some Gina K Sweet Corn cardstock behind it, and die cut a frame from Gina K Petunia cardstock using two of the same dies taped together. I tucked the floral in, trimming off some excess from the bottom one, then adhered that entire panel down with foam adhesive. I heat embossed a sentiment from the set in white on black cardstock and die cut it out, then die cut that same sentiment die two times from the Petunia cardstock to layer together. I adhered the stamped sentiment slightly offset, so you can see a bit of a pink shadow effect underneath - so fun! Finished off with some Taffy Dazzling Gems for some extra sparkle! Here is a closer look at all the fun shine, bold color, and detail in those florals:
Product links are all below - including affiliate links where possible, which simply means if you use one of the links below that I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment