Monday, May 18, 2015

Birthday Bear with Butterfly Reflections Ink

Good morning everyone! I'm posting again this morning on the Butterfly Reflections Blog. We have a fairly large family, so I'm pretty sure the type of card I use more than anything else is birthday cards. It is probably the one I am requested to make more often than anything as well! The masculine ones are always particularly difficult for me, so I'm quite happy when I find a design that will work for that! I love some of the Altenew images for that reason - especially the ones from Geometric Menagerie that I used for this card:


I colored it with Copic markers, then fussy cut it out. I stamped a sentiment from Altenew's Birthday Greetings (LOVE this for birthday sentiments!) and heat embossed on vellum with Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder (one of my favorites, because it isn't exactly gold, but not exactly silver - kind of in the middle!), then die cut it and a woodgrain panel with Lawn Fawn's Stitched Journaling Card Die. I adhered them together, and attached the bear with foam adhesive, tucking a couple of his feet behind the vellum - just to add to the dimension! All my pattern paper is from Crate Paper's 6x6 Journey paper pad, and I added a torn panel of kraft paper with some machine stitching behind there as well. The finishing touch is a few Studio Calico Wood Veneer stars - more masculine than sequins, don't you think? ;)


Thanks for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!!!

2 comments: