Friday, May 15, 2015

Winnie and Walter - Watercolor Cards

Good morning! I'm posting again over on the Winnie and Walter blog this morning to share a couple more cards with some of the amazing new sets from the most recent release. 

For both of these cards, I played with one of my favorite techniques - watercolors! First up, a floral sympathy card - I just can't get over the beautiful florals that Winnie and Walter released this time around!


For this one, I simply heat embossed my images from In Bloom: Addie's Garden in white on watercolor cardstock, then colored it in. I pained teach part with a light watercolor wash, then dripped in darker colors in certain areas and let it bleed out for a natural look. Added a sentiment from The Big, the Bold, and the Comfort, a strip of green cardstock, and then machine stitched it right onto my kraft cardbase.


Next up, I wanted to attempt an ombre look with watercolors. 


Instead of starting at the top or bottom, I went out from the center. I love the deep blue, and it was just natural to pair it up with some gold! I heat embossed the heart from True on vellum, then fussy cut it out and adhered it with tiny dots of glue behind the embossed parts. I then built and stamped my sentiment directly on the watercolor paper using that same set, as well as My Precious. Finished off with a few flicks of white Mister Huey's mist, and then adhered directly to a white cardbase.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Hope you are having a wonderful day!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful watercoloring! I love those big blooms on the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous! Love the watercolor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like the watercolors. The combination from the heat embossed stamp with the colors is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Heather, I saw the hydrangea card on the Winne and Walter email and just had to visit and say hi! I LOVE it and love your watercoloring. I've tried one card and found it such fun! Hope you are having a wonderful time, and I'm so glad you are on the DT! Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete