Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Winnie and Walter - Floral Cards

Good morning! I'm posting over on the Winnie and Walter blog this morning to share a couple of floral cards with some of the lovely new sets from the most recent release. Aren't they all AMAZING? I just can't get enough of them!

To start with, I paired up the lovely In Bloom: Addie's Garden with some of the wonderful sentiments from The Big, the Bold, and the Comfort:


I stamped one of the flowers, then masked it off to give the effect of another one tucked behind. I then colored them in with Copic markers. I stamped the large "prayers" in soft gray ink, then built and stamped the rest of the sentiment in black. It felt like it needed a little something to tie it together, so I trimmed off a bit on the front, added a thin strip of black, then another strip that I had colored in with the same Copics for a perfect color match!


Next, I tried out a technique I have been wanting to try for forever:


Took me the LONGEST time to figure out how to do this - but I love how simple it is, and it is such a fun effect! I stamped out a big cluster of blooms from In Bloom: Lola's Bouquet - designed by Joni Andaya. Once I was satisfied with my pattern, I die cut In a Word: Friend Cutaway out of the center of it, then replaced it with a simple white die cut that I had done before. I then adhered the first one back over the top with foam adhesive. I stamped the rest of my sentiment using The Big, the Bold, and the Friends, and finished off with a nice thick coat of Glossy Accents on the die cut "Friend" just to make it pop a little extra!


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Hope you are having a wonderful day!

5 comments:

  1. These are perfection Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! Love how you incorporated so many sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I especially like the Sympathy card. I've always thought that Sympathy cards are the most difficult ones to create. This one is perfect! Thank you for sharing your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete