Good morning! I recently pulled out a few recently released sets from Simon Says Stamp - one in particular that I hadn't had a chance to use, and was looking forward to playing with! I also dug out an older stencil that I hadn't used in a while that was a perfect fit. I realized in the end that this scene looks like peeking out an airplane window, and I know seeing seagulls that close wouldn't really be a good thing in that moment. But I still think it's pretty to dream, even if it wouldn't be safe in real life, right? Haha!
I started off by die cutting the new Flying Seagulls die set from white cardstock, then blending a bit of Shark ink on parts of each one to add some details. For the background, I pulled out the older Clouds for Days stencil, and ink blended from the bottom up with Heather, Shell, and Sky inks for a soft sunset background. I die cut a Chunky Oval from a panel of white cardstock, then a slightly smaller one from Silver metallic cardstock to tuck behind to frame the window. I layered those together, then popped up with foam over the background, adding the birds with some thin foam strips. Added a sentiment from the new Token Terrarium set, die cutting a couple extra layers to glue together to make it more dimensional, since it is pretty dainty for even foam adhesive strips. Final touch was a few Dazzling Clear gems nestled around the window! Here is a closer look:
Product links are all below - including affiliate links where possible, which simply means if you use one of the links below that I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment