Good morning! Do you ever just have an idea for a card that makes you giggle, and then you are able to create it just the way you imagined, and it's even funnier than you thought?!? I spotted this sentiment from the last release from Simon Says Stamp, and as I was going through die sets I hadn't had a chance to use yet, I spotted these seagulls, and BOOM! I just knew they were made to go together!
I started off by die cutting the Silly Seagulls set, and assembling all the layers together. I used Smoke, Creamsicle, and Lipstick cardstock - along with white of course! I also die cut and assembled the Weathered Pilings die set from Dark Chocolate, Rainbow Splash Caramel, and metallic silver cardstock. I die cut a window in a panel of white cardstock using Chunky Ovals dies, and ink blended some Marine ink on the cardbase from the top down to add some contrast and the effect of some sky in the background. I layered everything together with foam adhesive, then added that hilarious sentiment from Classic Friendship set. And then, the finishing touch? I pulled out some tiny wiggly eyes to add to the seagull with the hat. Haha! That was the exact thing it needed to pull the entire card together, don't you think?!? Here are more photos of the funny details on this card:
Product links are all below - including affiliate links where possible, which simply means if you use one of the links below that I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!!!








No comments:
Post a Comment