Monday, March 2, 2015

Friend, I'm Always Here For You

Hello! Stopping by with a card for a couple of the challenges at the My Favorite Things Challenge and Inspiration Blog! Love when it works out perfectly to combine two different challenges!


First up, the sketch...(I interpreted it a bit loosely, but if you look, you can find the elements. There are 5 horizontal banners in the sketch, and I have 3 strips of cardstock under my die cut element, the word friend, and the stamped sentiment below - 5 horizontal elements, all clustered at the bottom where the banners are on the sketch!):

Next up, the Color Challenge - love this color combo!


I used MFT cardstock in each of the colors, and Die-namics Friend die to cut the negative, layering the other colors at an angle underneath. Added a couple rows of messy stitching just to set it off a little better. Tore the bottom edge, added an additional sentiment with White Pigment ink from LJD Words of Inspiration (I forgot to take a photo, but I also stamped the additional "Nothing is impossible with God" sentiment on the inside) Rounded a couple corners, added a Hemp Cord bow attached with staples to the top, and softened the edges with a little additional white ink sponged on. You might also be able to see, I also coordinated the inside by adding 3 strips of the cardstock on the bottom, and stamped the additional sentiment I mentioned above in kraft ink.


Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!!!

6 comments:

  1. Love the strips in the negative cut and the torn bottom. I like the colors on the inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Heather! I love the way you put the stripes behind the die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your FUN card, there's just something about a hand torn edge that looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fun design of your card! Those stripes on the angle are great and so are the details like the stitching, staples, and torn edge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome design and a fabulous take on the sketch! love how you used those colors, too! thanks so much for playing along with MFT Color Challenge #16!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loose interps are totally chill! I love that. I'm that girl that never really follows directions. :) Love how you dressed up the inside, too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete