Thursday, March 19, 2015

Rose Bushes and Thorns

Good morning! Sharing a card this morning that I absolutely LOVE!!! I just adore the Altenew Vintage Roses, and haven't taken time to use them nearly enough - so yesterday I sat down and took time to just play!


This was yesterday's coloring for the 30 Day Coloring Challenge - and while technically this was just layering stamps and ink, I love the colored effect it gives - way better than I would ever achieve with any other form of coloring!


I also loved the Spring Pinterest Inspiration for this weeks Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - the little baskets in the center right caught my eye - and since purple tends to be a challenging color for me, I went with that:


I was inspired a bit by Yana's video on the Altenew Blog a couple days ago - I had been wanting to use this sentiment from Sentiments and Quotes with the flowers from the Vintage Roses stamp set for quite a while, and her video totally pushed me over the edge to sit down and do it! Used some different colors of MFT ink for everything with coordinating MFT cardstock for the cardbase. The front was cut at an angle and attached with foam adhesive over the sentiment, which was heat embossed with platinum embossing powder - not quite gold or silver, just a soft in between color. Used a little black Heidi Swapp Color shine flicked on the roses, and a few crystal clear Pretty Pink Posh sequins.


Thanks for stopping by today! See you again soon!!!

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! I do believe that I NEED that stamp set!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with it, too!! Beautiful color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are a fave of mine and I was going to use them yesterday also!!
    I think I must today! TFS your card is GORGEOUS!! :D and I love the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just stunning...probably my favorite card of yours! (Although you always do awesome work!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous mix of colors in your roses! I love that sentiment, it's perfect with those roses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are stunning! Perfect stamping and I just love the bright colors and the splatter, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a stunning card! Those flowers are just stunning!! So very pretty!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Heather, this is gorgeous, and I love this sentiment! Stunning colors and great layout! I love it! Hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete