Friday, March 20, 2015

I Wheelie Like You!

Hello! I had a bit of fun this morning creating a card for a couple challenges - it actually took me a couple days to get the background to look at least a bit as I was picturing in my head. I think I might have finally gotten pretty close!


I was inspired by the current Runway Inspired Challenge:




And finally, this week's Simon Says Monday Challenge - Lions and Lambs, Oh My! (animals and critters):


I created this background using the "smooshing" technique. I sponged some distress ink on my non-stick mat, misted with water, then "smooshed" my watercolor paper on it. I used the darling Lawn Fawn set Wheelie Like You, with a bit of fussy cutting. I stamped on plain white cardstock, then dipped my water brush into a MFT inkpad for the orange color, and a distress one for the gray/black. Stamped the little hearts with the matching MFT ink, and added a strip of coordinating MFT cardstock. Finished off with a bit of Wink of Stella on the hamster, and the hearts.


Thanks for dropping by! Have a wonderful day!!!

12 comments:

  1. Oh, the colours are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing background love your card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Heather, such a cute card! The background is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That background is incredible! Beautifully done. Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. This guy just showed up at my house, love the adorable image and that great background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow! GORGEOUS!! love that background!!! wow! and that little hamster just really CRACKS ME UP!! i love him so much!! thank you so much for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This is just awesome! I love the smooshed ink background and that hamster is just too cute! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping Challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute card! I love the background you made, it is awesome! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the background! This card came out darling. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, so adorable!! Thanks for playing over at the RIC!

    ReplyDelete