Thursday, March 5, 2015

Horse Note Cards

Good morning! I know there has been quite a bit of buzz lately about the MISTI tool - and I have to say I have found many reasons to love mine! I was especially happy the other evening when I was able to put together a set of 10 of these cards in just a little over an hour! I had a friend request a set of cards for a 4-H fundraiser for her kids, something with horses preferably. So...I pulled out this sweet Phyllis Harris set from Unity called Easier with YOU by my side and set to work!


I also used the sketch from the Unity {be inspired} Challenge - a little loosely, since I mostly used the center portion:


And also linking up with this weeks Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Special Lady/Girly:


I assembly line colored them - very simply! - with Copic markers, rounded a couple corners, and applied distress ink to soften the edges.


Next, I added a bit of washi tape to the top corner, a tiny Tim Holtz paperclip, and a tiny loop of jute twine - reminded me of a lasso!


Finally, I mounted them with foam adhesive on kraft card bases. I used clear boxes from Papertrey Ink to package them up. Because of the foam adhesive, I was only able to fit 5 cards in a box with matching envelopes, so I used two boxes. Don't they look pretty all packaged up?


Thanks for dropping by! I have another post that will be going up later today - see you soon for that one! :)

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful set of cards! I love that image and love the little washi/paperclip combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful set of card! I love the corner detail with the washi and "lasso"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are so pretty. Love all the little details. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these cards. The image is so cute and the sentiment is beautiful. The little lasso is the perfect finishing touch. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful, heather! i'm sure they'll be a hit! So glad you joined the Unity Be Inspired Challenge!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete