Saturday, March 14, 2015

We have this Hope as an Anchor...

Good evening! Just stopping by this evening to share a catch up card - this is another one from last year when I was on the Splitcoast Stampers Dirty Dozen.

Today marks 6 months since my father-in-law passed away. In some ways it feels as fresh as if it happened yesterday, and in other ways it feels like a lifetime ago. It has truly been one of the hardest things we have had to go through in our lives, and something I never imagined being able to survive. Yet through it all, God has been so very faithful - I don't know how I could survive without his love and grace.

This verse has been so true in our lives - from Hebrews 6:19 in the Amplified Version of the Bible:

"[Now] we have this [hope] as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul [it cannot slip and it cannot break down under whoever steps out upon it—a hope] that reaches farther and enters into [the very certainty of the Presence] within the veil..."

So I thought I would share this card as well - using a beautiful stamp called Hope Anchors from Neat and Tangled:


Also linking this up with the current Anything Goes Challenge at Little Tangles:




Thanks for stopping by tonight - take some time to hug your family and friends and tell them you love them. I know first hand that you truly don't know if it will be the last opportunity you have.

6 comments:

  1. beautiful card!! and wow - I cannot imagine the amount of pain the death of your father-in-law must have brought to your family, so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card.
    What a sad and unimaginable loss for you and your family to have to endure. Prayers for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stenciling and the stamping on the print. Hoping that you are continuing to find/feel hope despite the circumstances today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card and a testimony of God's strength in your life. I am so sorry for the pain that you and your family are having to endure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love how you incorporate so many different elements in a card! Stay strong, my friend <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful card. Thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete