Thursday, March 12, 2015

Hoppy Easter for Avocado Arts

Good morning! I'm up on the Avocado Arts blog this morning to share some projects with the new stamp set for March. Hard to believe that we are nearly halfway through March already! This set is perfectly timed for your spring and Easter projects - called Hoppy Easter:


I started off with those sweet little chicks! They make me smile!


I cut some pinked edge squares with an Avery Elle die, and stamped and colored them in with Copic markers. Attached them with foam adhesive to my pattern paper from Crate Paper with the sentiment heat embossed in white underneath, and added a couple of stitched scallop borders using a Pretty Pink Posh die.


Next up, I used the sweet Easter basket with lots of soft spring pattern papers from Glitz Designs:


I die cut a white scallop border using a Mama Elephant die set for my card base, then added the square stitched border inside, but just de-bossed it instead of cutting. Stamped the basket on a little notebook page cut with a PTI die, colored with Copics, and added some Glossy Accents on the eggs for a bit of shine and dimension. Layered all my pattern papers and machine stitched them together before stacking everything at a fun angle on my card - leaving the threads hanging loose.


Finally, I made a cute, every-so-tiny shaker card using the little bunny!


I think it looks darling peeking out of it's window with some Pretty Pink Posh seed beads inside! I die cut both shapes with an Avery Elle die set. I also colored him with Copics before assembling the shaker, and stamped my sentiment on a hand trimmed banner.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic. I especially adore the card with the many layers. I think I may need to make a few like that to use up some of my too-big-paper-stash. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete