Sunday, March 8, 2015

Happy Elephant

Good morning! Stopping by this morning with a card I made yesterday for a couple of challenges - and this was for my Day 4 of the 30 Day Coloring Challenge as well! 


First up - my inspiration came from this photo for the March Challenge at Altenew:


I also did some heat embossing, so linking up with Virginia's View Challenge - All Things Embossed:


And - as I mentioned above, this is for Day 4 of the 30 Day Coloring Challenge:


After looking at the inspiration photo, I wanted to create a sort of stain glass effect. I heat embossed the elephant from Ori Kami in black on vellum, colored with a Copic marker, coated each section with Glossy Accents, and then added a heavy coating of chunky glitter. Once I waited for that to dry thoroughly, I stamped my sentiment from Sentiments and Quotes and heat embossed that as well. Tore the top and bottom edges, sewed it on to some pattern paper from American Crafts, then wrapped some gold thread around, adding a few 4mm and 6mm clear sequins and gold star sequins from Pretty Pink Posh, and tying a bow. Finished off a few splashes of Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine, and attached with foam adhesive to my card base.


Thanks for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!!!

5 comments:

  1. Loving the sparkle on that elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the stained glass effect :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “All Things Embossed” Challenge! ADORE this, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, your entries to our challenges never cease to wow me! This card is just another example of your amazing creativity and artistic style! Thank you so much for joining the Altenew March challenge!

    ReplyDelete