Monday, June 1, 2015

Crazy Bird Nursery Wall Art

Good morning everyone! I'm posting something different this morning on the Butterfly Reflections Blog. Have you all seen those adorable Tim Holtz Crazy Bird stamps yet? If you haven't - you have missed out on a lot of cuteness! 


Something about the little expressions on these birds make me laugh - I just adore them! I had a friend recently ask me to make a set of Nursery Wall art for her with them. It was going to be a shared boy and girl room for a little while, so she wanted them fairly neutral - no to specifically boy or girl. Here are photos of them - I didn't frame them, but just gave them to her so she could frame them how she wished. She has promised me photos when she has had a chance to do that - so I will make sure and share those when I receive them, but wanted to share them here now, since I happened to see that Vanessa still has one set of these in stock right now as I'm writing this - so run and grab it now if you don't have it yet!!!


Here is a closer look:



And a closer look at this one:



And a closer look at this last one:


I used sentiments from Paper Smooches Group Hugs - thought they were perfect for how these were going to be used for wall art! I stamped them on watercolor paper with Versafine Ink - my absolute FAVORITE for watercoloring! I used watercolor paints that I had on hand to color these - but am currently LOVING the Zig Clean Color Brush Pens - and they would be PERFECT for this! There is a fun selection of them in stock at the Butterfly Reflections Ink Store right now - you will definitely want to check those out! As a final finishing touch (hard to see in the photos of course!) - I used a bit of Glossy Accents on the eyes.

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!!!

3 comments:

  1. This nursery wall art gift set is insane! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Heather, I just had to read about these cards! Saw them on SCS on the Favorites list! How adorable are these? What sweet nursery room wall art these are! Hope you are doing well!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete