Monday, June 8, 2015

Everything is Awesome

Good morning everyone! I'm posting this morning on the Butterfly Reflections Blog with a fun movie inspired card! Yep...we finally watched the Lego Movie, and can you guess what song is now stuck in our heads? Uh-huh! I used some fun Altenew stamp sets to make a card using the title of the song:


I used Altenew's Sketchy Cities (not currently in stock at Butterfly Reflections - although Sketchy Landmarks is a similar style of artwork) - then built a sentiment using Super Script Stamp set, stamped with Versamark Ink, then heat embossed on watercolor paper with Ranger Liquid Platinum Embossing Powder. I discovered that the Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers work wonderfully for the smooshing technique! I scribbled in lines on a piece of acetate, misted with water, then smooshed over my embossed images. I actually used 4 different colors - a blue, orange, yellow, and then a bit of soft gray at the top. I used some pattern paper from Lawn Fawn's Beachside 6x6 Paper Pad, and added a few Studio Calico Wood Veneer Stars to finish off.


Thanks for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!!!

3 comments:

  1. Had to come to your blog to leave you praise for this card. It's my favorite and really enjoyed your nursery crazy birds wall art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the two tone background and the watercoloring and of course the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete