Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Top Dog Dies Guest Designing

Good morning! Back again with a full reveal of the cards I made as a Guest Designer for Top Dog Dies with their brand new release!

The first set that caught my eye was the darling flip flops – so fun and summery!


I die cut these using some white cardstock and pink stripe pattern paper. I used a paper piercer to cut a tiny hole in the bottoms to push the tip of the flip flop through – just adds a touch of realism to them I thought! Added an enamel dot, then adhered them with foam adhesive to a doily, and onto my pattern paper. Finished off with some machine stitching around the edges, and a sentiment heat embossed on white and wrapped around the front panel before adhering to my card base.


Next up, I just had to play with that darling hippo! SOOO cute!


I die cut him from two shades of gray cardstock, and adhered them together for a slight shadow effect. Layered some pattern papers together, stamped a sentiment (again heat embossed on vellum) – then machine stitched it on and attached the hippo in layers with foam adhesive for lots of dimension.


And finally, the Snail Die set looked like a perfect set to create a little scene with!


For this one, I did some watercoloring on a piece of watercolor paper, then die cut the pieces out of the appropriate colors. It’s a great way to get die cuts in the exact colors you want! Added some torn vellum to ground the images – and stamped and heat embossed my sentiment on it. A bit of pattern paper, a doily, and some jute twine finish this off – and then the mushroom and snail attached with foam adhesive!


Thanks so much for stopping by today! And thanks Top Dog Dies for the fun opportunity to play with your new dies! Have a great day!!!

2 comments: