Monday, June 1, 2015

Runway Inspired Challenge - Exciting news!

Hello! I'm super excited to finally be able to share some fun news with you! When we were on our trip to Hawaii, I got an email with an invitation to join the Runway Inspired Design Team! Still kind of stunned to be in such amazing company - I have always SOOOO admired the mad crafty skills of everyone on that team, and super excited to be playing along with them all!

So...on to the challenge! Here is our inspiration - and the sponsor for this challenge is Winnie and Walter (which works out super well, since you know I love all of their product!) ;)



And here is my take on the photo:


I love the dark and bold background on the photo, as well as the sparkle and bright colors. I started off by creating a black watercolor background using some MFT dye ink, and the smooshing technique. I also added some splatters of Heidi Swapp Color Shine in black for a few darker accents. Next, I stamped and heat embossed the flowers and leaves from Winnie and Walter's In Bloom: Addie's Garden, then lightly colored the flowers with my Zig Clean Color brush tip pens, blending with water. I fussy cut them all out, and adhered them on my card, tucked around a small banner stamped on some blue cardstock with my sentiment from Sugar Rush. Added some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh, and mounted on a dark gray Simon Says Stamp cardbase.


Thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll join us and play along - can't wait to see what you make!

7 comments:

  1. Heather!!! I nearly fell off my chair when I saw this card...so AMAZING! Congrats on joining the Runway team. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your Runway Inspired DT appointment! Love your gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on joining the team! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay congrats! I know you'll be awesome! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! Great team for you, love the splattered background and the colored vellum here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS Heather - SO HAPPY for you!!!

    LOVE your card too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are an incredibly talented designer!

    ReplyDelete