Friday, December 23, 2011

Quick and Easy Christmas tags - and my first tutorial!

Well, if there is anyone else that has procrastinated until the last minute (like me!) - I have a really easy idea to share with you to whip out some quick and adorable gift tags! I made 27 of them, in probably under an hour! Pretty easy! Here they are:
Cute, right?
I have been loving kraft paper - and blue and white together for Christmas colors!
So, here is what I started with - this tag off of Winter Woodland, cut at 2.96 inches on my Gypsy (so approximately 3 inches if you are just using your Cricut). 
Then I pulled out my Unity Stamps Kit of the Month from November, and used the snowflake background and some white ink to stamp a background. 
Here is what it looks like now: 
Then I used my Very Merry Tags Cartridge to cut out a bunch of little snowflakes - used my Gypsy to hide the hole that makes it a tag, and cut them at 1.42 inches (so approximately 1.5 inches). 
Each snowflake then got a little visit with my hole punch in the center of them: 
Grabbed some Twinery Twine in Marchino Cherry: 
Wrapped it around a couple of times, crossing in the center: 
Then threaded it through the hole in the snowflake: 
And tied a cute little bow, trimming the ends if necessary. 
Finally, pulled out my Unity Stamps Blossom Stacker set, and the "to" and "from" stamps.  
And stamped them on each tag! 
And that's all there is too it! Here is the pile of a bunch of the finished ones: 
Entering this in several Challenges:

Cricut Circle December Monthly Challenge: Gift Wrapping Challenge

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think...I have been pondering doing a few more tutorials, but not sure if anyone would be interested in them? Videos would be difficult, because we have slower than average internet, so I fear I would take a whole day to upload anything! Anyway - your thoughts are appreciated! Thanks!


23 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tags! Quick, easy and fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...these tags are sooooooo awesometastic!!! Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these tags... I am soooooo making these next week so I can be ahead of the game for next year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are very cute but easy! Totally working on these for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Heather! Your tags are absolutely gorgeous!! No one will realise they are made at the last minute because they are done so well. Merry Christmas! Have a wonderful time this weekend, and thanks for the tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tutorial and fabulous tags!! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this look! And I love those colors too! I say yes yes yes do more tutorials!!! I love them and there have been a few of your cards that have left me wondering how did she do that... Thanks again!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tags and what a fabulous tutorial, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the tutorial! These are great! I can't belive it took you only an hour! It took me days to finish mine! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh+these+are+absolutely+adorable%21%21+Great+tutorial+and+keep+it+up.++Always+love+seeing+how+people+do+things.+Love+the+colors.5 Merry+Chr%{tmas%21

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh these are super cute! Love the tutorial, keep it up, always fun to see how people do things! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tags are fabulous, so is your tutorial. TFS. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those tags are fantastic!! What a great idea to tie on the snowflakes that way. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful Tutorial and I love how subtle the snowflakes are! Such a great project!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are fabulous! I love the colors together....

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think your instructions were clear and ... well, just great! I would love to see more tutorials from you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are awesome! Thanks for the tutorial. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely FAB!!So glad that you play with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great tutorial and these are really great tags! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete