Thursday, December 22, 2011

You're the Cat's Meow!

Good morning! I took some time last night to make something - just for me and for fun! Not for Christmas, a challenge, or a contest. Sometime I get bogged down by all of those, and last night I just felt like playing for the fun of it! So I made something happy and fun - with lots of spring colors!
All the pattern papers are from Echo Park's Country Drive 6x6 paper pad. The center frame part is a piece of white cardstock cut out from Elegant Edges cartridge (the book feature), that I stamped Market Street Stamps Pretty Perfect Grid Background on in pale green, then inked the edges with Tim Holtz Distress ink in Antique Linen. The Kitty is cut out on my Circut using Cindy Loo, with a Peachy Keen Face from the Tear Kitty Face parts added. I colored the eyes with a green Copic Marker.   
The sentiment is from Unity Stamp Co - stamped on a tag cut from Sentimentals, and tied on with a bit of Baker's Twine from the Twinery. 
I also inked the edge of the pattern paper a bit - and added some rosy cheeks with some soft pink ink and a make-up applicator.
Thanks for stopping by today! Can you believe that it is only 3 days until Christmas?!?!? I am about to brave town for a few last minute things - I'm afraid it will be crazy - so wish me luck!!!


4 comments:

  1. Super sweet! Great colors and papers! I wanted to drop by and wish you a happy holiday!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! Love the colors!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK... So I am seriously not a cat person, but I am a card person and this card is adorable! I love the colors you put together and the two colors of twine are like sprinkles on top! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just "perfect"... i love the sentiment and the cat, i love it all.. You did a super job on this.

    ReplyDelete