Thursday, December 15, 2011

Patches of Pink - December Post and Link-up Party!

Good morning! It's time for my December post over at Patches of Pink, as well as a link-up party! We are doing - what else? - a Christmas Theme! Here is my card:


I am so excited about this card - as I tried a totally new technique for me! I cut out the ornament with my Cricut using Simply Charmed and hiding all the contours on my Gypsy. I then used it as a mask, inked the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink, then stamped a background stamp from the November Unity Kit of the Month in red ink.


I then cut the top of the ornament, inked the edges, covered it with Glossy Accents, then Martha Stewart coarse glitter. Added some Baker's Twine, and a sentiment from the same Unity stamp set.


Thanks for stopping by! Make sure and head on over to Patches of Pink to link-up your own Christmas creation! Can't wait to see what you make!!! I LOVE this time of year!!!

I am also entering this in the challenge over at Paper and Such - clean, simple, and quick Christmas cards

9 comments:

  1. This turned out beautifully! I love that technique...I need to try that sometime! Awesome job!

    Lisa
    http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper and Such!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty, I love the glitter for added texture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I love the technique, it turned out fab!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice!!great idea...
    texasgrama7@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, Heather! I love your sponging to make the ornament and the glitter on the hook is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw your card on Patches of Pink. This is a new idea to me. You did well. Nice to "Link Up" with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous CAS card - the twine is perfect!

    ReplyDelete