Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Stitched with Love

For some reason this morning, as I was laying in bed trying to convince myself to crawl out into the cold morning air - this card popped into my head! I am SOOOO excited that I had time to put it together right away - and I love that it came out like I was picturing! So nice when that happens!!!


I used October Afternoon's Farmhouse 8x8 paper pad, and my new December Unity KOTM. I stamped the image on kraft paper, then tied some October Afternoon Rocket Age buttons with PTI button twine, then ran them through the button holes on the stamped image that I punched out. I then tied the twine to the back of the card - so whoever receives this card, could actually remove and use the buttons - how great is that?


It also helped the buttons lay flat on the paper - then I pop-dotted the button card off of the doily. You can see the dimension a bit here:


The tag on the bottom is cut from Sentimentals cartridge, inked with Tim Holtz distress ink in Vintage Photo, then tied on with Crinkle Ribbon. I'm not sure what set the sentiment is from - it was one of the 100 free random stamps I won and recieved a couple days ago!


I also inked the edge of the doily and pattern paper, and added some October Afternoon trim from the Holiday Style trim pack.


Anyway - thanks for visiting again! Hope you are having a Merry Christmas Season!!!


5 comments:

  1. LOVE this! The buttons look so fabulous! I love when cards come out like you envisioned :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the textures on your card! perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is a gorgeous card! I love how you were inspired to create the card! This has happened to me, too!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. The ribbon, kraft, and those buttons....yayayayayayay for an excellent Unity project!!!
    :O)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete