Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas Mittens

Good morning! Yep...yet another Christmas card! With more October Afternoon paper as well...


I started by cutting the frame shape with my Cricut, using Elegant Edges, and inking the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink (yep...in Antique Linen). I then used the Unity October 2010 KOTM for the mittens and sentiment, paper pieced the mittens, and colored the rest with copics.


Finished off with a PTI button and twine, and pop dotted the whole thing from the base of the card. The base of the card is inked with Tim Holtz distress ink in Vintage Photo.


Now onto the challenges for this card! I am entering it in 3 challenges.

The first one is the Whimsical Designs Layer it Challenge: to make a card with a Christmas or Winter theme and add layers.

The second is over at the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog - to make a holiday card.

And finally, entering it as another entry in the Unity Stamp Company's monthly challenge: Let it Snow.

Thanks again so much for stopping by! 

16 comments:

  1. love your mitten card :) thanks for sharing with us at whimdesigns be sure to come back today and tomorrow for our stamp reveal sneak peek :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I just picked that paper up yesterday at my LSS, your card has me wanting to get crafty with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! I love the mittens and the way you highlighted the "warm" in red! Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty card!! Love the colors, the coloring, and the dimension!

    http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful card--LOVE those papers! Love the black as your border!! And I LOVE your shading in that die panel!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I just love mittens...these are adorable sweetie :) Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful card!! You did a great job! Thanks for sharing with FCCB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!!! this so cute!! luv mittens...
    texasgrama7@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cute card. I love the Elegant Edges mats and the mittens are adorable. Thanks for sharing at FCCB.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love the mittens! Thanks for playing with us at WW :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. BEAUTIFUL card. Love the bright colors:)
    Thanks so much for joining in the challenge at FCCB!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card, Heather!! I love the paper pieced mittens and the papers you used. Really bright and just perfect for Christmas. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is BEAUTIFUL! I love it so much! Thanks for participating in the Unity Challenge!

    ReplyDelete