Friday, December 16, 2011

Peachy Keen Stamps Design Team Submission!!!

I was so excited to see earlier this month that Peachy Keen Stamps is having an Open Design Team call!!! EEEK!!! They have the cutest face stamps in the WORLD!!! So it took me this long to think of something special to make for it - 'cause I wanted to do something I had never seen before. Here is what I came up with:


Isn't that sentiment the cutest? It is a rub-on from one of the October Afternoon Santa's sacks that I have been getting - and as soon as I saw it, I knew exactly what I wanted to make. I also used the brand new set of face stamps that I was itching to ink up - The Cornies Face Assortment. Cute faces, no?


I used Formal Occassion to cut out the two chairs, and did some inking with Tim Holtz distress inks in Antique Linen and Vintage Photo - my two favorite colors. Added some stitching and doodling with a brown pen and my white gel pen.


The frame shape for the sentiment is from the same cartridge - inked and doodled on of course! I stamped the faces, filled in the eyes with a white gel pen, then added some pink cheeks with a soft pink stamp pad and an eye makeup applicator. The chairs are pop-dotted from the background, as is the sentiment, then the pattern paper is pop-dotted from the kraft paper card base. This picture shows the dimension a little bit:


Finished the card off with another of my favorites - Baker's Twine from the Twinery! Threaded 3 colors through the hole, tied a knot, then ran it around the back.


Thanks for stopping by to visit!!! It would be so much fun to be on the Peachy Keen Design Team - I had a blast when I did my Guest Designer week! Although the first Design Team is going to be a tough act to follow I'm afraid! Either way - I can't wait to see who the lucky ones are - and wish them all a big Congratulations in advance!!!

I am also entering this is the Peachy Keen Weekly Challenge - to make any project you want, and use Peachy Keen Stamps somewhere on them.

Hope you have a fabulous day today!!!

16 comments:

  1. OMG...this is just so ADORABLE! I love it! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic card! I love these challenges as I get to see all the talent that is out there and get inspired to step up my game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally cute and GOOD LUCK!!!! I think you use their stamps beautifully! hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER duper cute--LOVE those chairs!!! I love your papers too! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love your card and it is definitely right in the running for that PK design team! So super cute!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry we haven't commented in a while. The internet in this area has been messed up for a couple of weeks, so commenting has been impossible. We have been watching and blessed to see your incredible creations and hope that everything is now fixed so we can comment again. Best wishes on the design team tryouts! The should be paying you for all the amazing creations you have created with PK stamps. Love them all! Big Bug Hugs and Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how cute is this! What fun! The chairs and sentiment are perfect together! Good luck!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I can't think of a better word than....FABULOUS!! A great idea to make those chairs to coordinate with that sentiment. It worked like a charm! I love it! Thank you so much for making our final DT Challenge so special. Happy Christmas..and good luck! Viv xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable, Heather, and I really love how you faux-stitched around the chairs and sentiment! Best of luck in the DT call!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGoodness, this just about the cutest thing I've seen!!! How creative, those faces are perfect!!! I hope you get chosen!!!
    Puppy Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my goodness this is so stinkin cute! What a great idea and good luck on the dt call!!! :)

    Hugs,
    Raven

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card! So creative! Thanks for joining the PK challenge and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG I am in love with this card!!!!!!!!! Not only are the faces adorable I love love love your choice of designer papers. It came out fabulous! Good luck with your entry into PKS DT. Thank you for playing along with our last challenge as designers for Peachy keen Stamps. Wishing you a very happy and healthy 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute card! Don't you just love PK stamps. Happy Holidays and good luck on the PK challenge.

    Stacy at Totally Twisted Cards
    http://www.totallytwistedcards.com/content

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely ADORABLE! Great job, and good luck with the DT submission! Thanks for playing along with us at Peachy Keen!

    ReplyDelete