Wednesday, December 7, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

Yep - I got that song running through my head! For some reason, I have had a little trouble getting inspired this year to put up Christmas decorations. However, this last weekend I had a moment of inspiration and jumped on it - so we now have some lights up around the house. Will be getting our tree later this week too - my girls are ecstatic!

Anyway, I have a card today that I made for several challenges!  The first is for the Cricut Cardz Challenge #97 - a Christmas card inspired by a favorite Christmas song (as mentioned as the title of this post!) Next is the Scrappy Mom's Stamps "Christmas" theme Terrific Tuesdays challenge. I am also entering this in the weekly challenge on the Cricut Circle blog - "Flower Fusion" - to incorporate store bought pre-made flowers on a project with at least 2 Cricut cuts. Lastly, I am entering this in the Basic Grey Flickr Pool Stitching December Challenge.

Whew! After all that, here is my card this time around:


I used A Child's Year for the ornament cut, as well as the tag. All the paper is from Basic Grey's Picadilly 6x6 paper pad.


Inked the edges of everything with Tim Holtz Distress ink in Vintage Photo, then smeared some Glossy Accents on the ornament, and coated it with Martha Stewart Coarse Glitter. I then attached the ornament to the card with pop-dots for some dimension.


Used some Prima Flowers, tied on with some Crinkle Ribbon and PTI twine with the tag, stamped with a Scrappy Mom's sentiment.


It is kind of hard to see in the picture, but I finished off with some faux stitching around the outside edges of the card.

Thanks for visiting! Hope you have a fabulous day - we are heading out to go for a drive in the snowy mountains! Fun fun fun!


11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, I love the glittering too! It is begining to look like Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous, love the glitter and great papers! have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty...I love everythign about this card! ;) Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card! I love the sentiment and the sparkly ornament. :) Thanks for sharing!

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is gorgeous, Heather!! Thank you for sharing this with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps!

    Hugs,
    Saundra :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OHHH! That ornament is GORGEOUS--love the glitter! And these papers/colors are perfect together:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card, I really like color combo and that glitter just sets that ornament off perfectly, tfs

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so beautiful!!! :D

    Thank you for joining us!

    - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW this card is so so pretty I love the colors and the aged look. By the way thanks for the comment on the ornament. :)

    ReplyDelete