Saturday, May 28, 2011

Inspiration Challenge - Built a House!

First off, I want to say that this card is very special to me! This past month, I sold enough cards to build my first house for a widow in Burundi!!! Yep...$600...and a women and her children if she has any, have a roof over their heads, dignity restored, and living proof that because of the Lord, a miracle can happen! So, I wanted to make a card to enclose the check I will be mailing to Sister Connection.

Over on the Cricut Circle blog, they are having a challenge to use something from the Circle Magazine as inspiration, and make it your own. As soon as I saw all the little house projects, I knew JUST what I wanted to do - especially since I had this card to make! So...this card in particular jumped out at me. Here is the photo of the card from the Circle Magazine:


And here is my take on it! I used a LOT of cartridges on this one! The house came from Kate's ABC's, and the hills were from Country Life. The grass is cut from Zooballoo. The sunshine is from Give a Hoot, and is actually one of the flower icons, but it looked like it would make such a cute sun that I had to give it a try! The clouds are cut from Pooh and Friends. I did some more machine stitching, a bit of doodling, and finished off with a stamped sentiment from my stash.


 




4 comments:

  1. The card is lovely and the thoughts that go with it are wonderful. Congratulations on being able to help by selling your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! This is really a fantastic thing. And your card is especially cute...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Congratulations Heather!!! What an amazing accomplishment! I LOVE that you use your talent to support others! Your card is wonderful :)
    ~Hugs~
    Becky
    www.squirlygirlcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card!! Congratulations on doing such a wonderful thing for a mom!! May God continue to bless you richly!!

    Blessings,
    Shawnee
    http://quiverofangels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete