Friday, May 20, 2011

Friends with Flair - Cherries!!!


Good Friday morning!!! I made a card last night for the monthly Unity Challenge: Tooty Fruity, and thought it would be a great post for Friends with Flair as well!

I started by cutting the white frames with my Cricut, using Elegant Edges. I love the look of the Spellbinders frames, how it cuts and embosses. However...since I don't have any, I decided to try to recreate it by just cutting the frame out two times in white, in slightly different sizes. I really like how it turned out, so I will probably be doing that a lot more in the future! I then stamped and heat embossed the image and sentiment from the Sweet as a Bowl of Cherries Itty Bitty stamp from Unity Stamps. I planned on coloring it in, but I ended up loving the simple glossy look of the image when it was embossed, and just couldn't bring myself to ruin it! Finished off with a button, and a simple little Baker's Twine bow.




17 comments:

  1. I love your layered shape and how you left the cherries black and white instead of coloring them in! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling card! I like the black and white over the DP background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is perfect card, I love sentiment with stamp and great dsp too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute, I love that stamp and that pretty pattern paper.

    When you visited my blog for FWF you asked about the embossed paper- I did it myself using my Cuttlebug embossing folder that coordinates with the Cricut cartridge called Preserves, which is all about fruit. Hope that helps.

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this :) It looks cool how you left the image uncolored! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pattern paper you used! It's so pretty and leaving the center all white really makes the image stand out! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you did the frames. I'm going to have to try that! The stamping is great - it does look perfect without colour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been wanting to just ink images with black/white! SO FUN! Great card--looooooove it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the simple black and white stamping against the floral background....so pretty!
    You also did an amazing job on your Mini card above...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great colors, love that you kept the main image simple. thanks for playing along with our challenge.

    ReplyDelete