Monday, May 23, 2011

Get well cards!

This last week, my best friend ended up in the hospital with an infection, and as she was released from the hospital, her mother was admitted and ended up having her gall bladder removed!!! Since both of these gals are very special to me, I wanted to make a card to let them know I was thinking of them! I spent the time my friend was in the hospital watching her 3 little boys, so I wasn't able to get these made until she was home and starting to feel better, but better late than never, right? 

Anyway, for these cards, I pulled out my new Kate's ABC's - that I FINALLY got last week, and cut out these cute little umbrellas. Covered them with Glossy Accents, and glitter, then pop-dotted them onto the white frames that I cut from Elegant Edges. Added a sentiment for the outside and inside from Scrappy Mom's stamps and heat embossed them so they shine a little! Finished off with a little more Glossy Accents and glitter around the edges. It was getting  a little dark when I photographed these, so they are a lot brighter and more fun in real life! Had a hard time getting a good picture, so had to settle for these!






5 comments:

  1. These cards are gorgeous!!! I just love Kate's ABC's and I'm so jealous that you have elegant edges, I've been looking for it for a while and it's been sold out and on backorder everywhere around me. Hope both your friend and her mom are feeling better now, I'm sure these bright and cheerful cards helped! BTW, I love the patterned paper you used, who makes it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are perfect! Great get well cards! love the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I love how you layered the frames. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a blog award for you at my blog :)

    craftingmisfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete