Friday, May 27, 2011

Friends with Flair - machine stitching!

Welcome to Friday - and Friends with Flair over at the Unity Blog! Click to go over and play along, and have 2 chances at winning some fabulous Unity stamps!

Last night I pulled my sewing machine out of the back room (where it has sat for far too long!) so that I could tackle some repairs and alterations on a few little items of my girls that need it. So...since it was out anyway, and I have been wanting to try sewing on a card - I decided to give it a try! Here is my first attempt! It happened to have purple thread in it, and I was too lazy to change it, so that is why the card has so much purple on it! I stamped and heat embossed the butterflies, then cut them out and glued them on the card, then added the sentiment and some stick on purple pearls. The butterflies are from the February KOTM, and the sentiment is from the March KOTM.



8 comments:

  1. Lovely card!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cute! I just bought some very thin sewing machine needles so the holes won't be quite so big. My first attempt looked like a drive-by had happened... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous! Your stitching looks fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YIKES this is just simply fantastic!!! I mean I truly like it

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, Heather! I love the lilac stitching and the purple butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! I love the purple:) Your machine stitching is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete