Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Patches of Pink - Design Team Post!

Hello! Welcome to my first design team post for Patches of Pink!!! I am so excited to see what the year holds! The challenge this week is to create a Spring project, using pastel springy colors. Click HERE to go join the fun and link up your own creation for the challenge! You can link up anytime from today through Sunday, and then vote for your favorite anytime from Monday until Tuesday at noon EST.

For my project, I pulled out my Cindy Loo cartridge - so many perfect spring images on it! This cute little deer is the main reason I got that cartridge, and yet I had never cut it out! So...what better time, right? So, I cut all the layers out from coordinating patterned paper, inked the edges of everything, and layer it together. The deer is pop-dotted from the background to add a little dimension. The sentiment is from a Unity Stamp Company set. I used an brown pen to do the faux stitching around the edges, added some Baker's Twine, a large pink Prima flower, and a tiny Prima flower to tuck into the deers ear (because, isn't it obvious that she's a girl?!?!?)

Thanks for stopping by! Now head on over to Patches of Pink and link your Spring project up!!! Can't wait to see what you come up with!


6 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh qué bonita tarjetaaaaa :) Nice card, love Bambi!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather,

    hey i like your card so much! It's such a lovely one. The cute Bambi :) and your colourcombo. Great Job!

    Hugs Dunja x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather,

    You made such an adorable card! The papers that you used work perfectly together and your little girl deer is precious! I love the flower in her hair...ummm....fur? LOL

    *Hugs*
    ~Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute...love the colours and the dimension and that is the most adorable Bambi I've ever seen sweetie :) hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Your card is sooo Beautiful!I love the colours, papers,Everything!SUPER JOB! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So SUPER Cute Heather! Love all the colors, so pretty!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete